Take it easy but take it: We're big promoters of "chill" in our house. We try our best to be go with flow, good vibes only type people. But at the same time, I'm a little bit of an anxious person. I'm prone to worrying and I typically shut down when I get overwhelmed or stressed. So to me, "take it easy but take it" means hustle hard but figure out how to manage the stress so that you can be a totally chill, kickass boss.
It's kind of trendy for small biz owners to "hustle" and appear super busy, keeping our planners crammed full of deadlines and appointments and not getting any sleep. But you don't have to be strung out to be successful. Work hard and work smart. Build routines so that you can coast through the day and run your business, take care of your family, do well in school, etc. without burning out and running yourself into the ground.
So that's what 2017 is about. Work harder and smarter. Build routines and put systems in place so that I can hopefully coast in 2018 ;)
How this actually applies to me:
- design more, sew less. (which means hire out help with my animal heads AND design products that require less sewing.)
- streamline the custom ordering process. (this is a BIG one for my business and my sanity. I'll explain more later)
- create a daily routine and put it into practice. This is also huge for me. My most productive days are when I spend 10 minutes the night before scheduling out my day hour by hour, obviously allowing myself some wiggle room but at least making an outline.
- schedule social media posts
- make time for inspiration/create fun, new stuff!
- actually DO one pinterest project a month
- host a pretty party with real invitations
- focus on "how can I make $100 today?" every day
- of course all the typical things like drink more water, exercise, eat healthy, blog regularly ;)